How To Tell It’s Time for New Siding
Siding is one of the main things that homeowners completely overlook when trying to remodel their home. Improving the look and feel of your home and trying to get a good return on investment can be a tough mission to tackle. Well, siding often yields a great ROI, it instantly can take your home from looking like it was built in the 1800’s to looking brand new and so much more. But, how do you necessarily know that it may be time for new siding? Let our team teach you.
Main Signs That It’s Time For New Siding
1. Your Home Constantly Needs to Be Repainted: If your home needs to be repainted every 5-6 years then you’re simply wasting money when you shouldn’t be. Even wood siding should be able to keep its paint for longer than that. If the siding is chipping, peeling or cracking then that should be addressed.
2. Rising Heating or Cooling Bills: If your homes heating or cooling bill already seems too high or has climbed in costs more than normal, you need to investigate. There can be a lot of issues causing this including your roofing, windows, siding, insulation and more. But, siding can certainly cause this and as a homeowner, we highly recommend finding the solution.
3. Warping & Rotting: Your siding could be rotting and you could have no idea. If you take a sharp object such as a screwdriver, walk around your home and poke under any siding that is warped. If the underlayer has begun to rot, then it’s time to replace.
4. Cracked Siding: Walk around your house and make sure that there are no cracks. These cracks can invite in unwanted water, moisture and pests. If it is an isolated instance, then repairs may solve the problem, but if it becomes more serious than it may be time to replace.
5. Interior Paint & Wallpaper is coming off the Walls: A sign that moisture has gotten into your walls is when paint or wallpaper starts to peel. Replacing your siding may be the only to stop this.
For more questions about when new siding is needed, please feel free to reach out. Our team is here to help and provide you with all the siding installation you may need.