Summertime is here, and with it comes the prime-time for prospective buyers and renters to enter the market in search of their next home. If you are someone who has been wanting to sell/rent out their home, now is a key time to make a major financial move, and capitalize as much as possible on your asset. Therefore, it helps to take certain steps to maximize your home’s value, inside and out. Here are a couple of things you can do for your exterior to help increase the desirability of your home.
Repaint/Replace Your Facade
Your facade is the face of your home and is the first thing many prospective buyers and renters notice when they first come to take a look. Therefore, it’s vital that it appears to be in peak condition. The easiest and most affordable way to achieve that is with a new coat of paint. This helps fix any fading on the siding, as well as cover up any small scratches, dents, and even cracks. It can also double as a way to take a closer look at your siding, and make sure that there aren’t any obvious or growing problems that could come up during an inspection. Better yet, it is smarter to have an inspection booked by you, to avoid any nasty surprises that can dent your property value.
However, this can only go so far when it comes to masking any imperfections in your siding. If your siding is in dire condition, then it may be worth it to invest in replacing it entirely. Fortunately, siding replacements tend to help increase the value of your home, particularly if you use James Hardie roofing & siding. In fact, James Hardie has the highest ROI out of any home improvement project, as rated by Remodeler Magazine. Our certified contractors can quickly install siding onto your home, ensuring that it gets done on time and under budget. Contact us to learn more about our siding installation services.
Have Your Roof Inspected
As eye-catching as your facade may be, any serious buyer is bound to have questions when it comes to the state of your roof. Renters won’t ignore it either, as they will want to know how well insulated the building is, particularly if heating is not included in their rent. Therefore, it is best to conduct an inspection on your roof to know what you are dealing with. ICS’s reliable contractors will spot the smallest indicators of a problem and can figure out what needs to be done. Smaller problems here and there may not need any repairs, as they are a small enough cost to not be a serious consideration for a homeowner. However, serious issues like leaks and worn-out roof shingles will require a replacement, otherwise your home’s value will take a big hit when discovered.
When it comes to selecting a contractor to work on your house, it can be a difficult process to find the perfect match. There is a lot of trust that goes into having strangers work on your house and transform it into something new and better than every before! Because of this, there are a lot of different factors that homeowners weigh.
Innovative Contracting Services has been serving the greater Boston area since 2000 and we have seen countless homeowners get left in the dust from unrepeatable contractors that over promise. We wanted to share, what we believe to be the surefire way to know that a company can be trusted.
Recommended By Manufacturers:
This may be the number one thing to check when talked with contractors. Roofing and siding product manufacturers across the company hand out levels of recognition to contractors that install high levels of their product and to the ones that do it the right way. They do this to ensure that their materials are being represented the way they should.
The average person may not know the difference between company a and company b, but if no manufacturers back one company, than that’s telling you something.
At Innovative Contracting Services, we are recommended by James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding & CertainTeed Shingles.
Siding is one of the main things that homeowners completely overlook when trying to remodel their home. Improving the look and feel of your home and trying to get a good return on investment can be a tough mission to tackle. Well, siding often yields a great ROI, it instantly can take your home from looking like it was built in the 1800’s to looking brand new and so much more. But, how do you necessarily know that it may be time for new siding? Let our team teach you.
Main Signs That It’s Time For New Siding
1. Your Home Constantly Needs to Be Repainted: If your home needs to be repainted every 5-6 years then you’re simply wasting money when you shouldn’t be. Even wood siding should be able to keep its paint for longer than that. If the siding is chipping, peeling or cracking then that should be addressed.
2. Rising Heating or Cooling Bills: If your homes heating or cooling bill already seems too high or has climbed in costs more than normal, you need to investigate. There can be a lot of issues causing this including your roofing, windows, siding, insulation and more. But, siding can certainly cause this and as a homeowner, we highly recommend finding the solution.
3. Warping & Rotting: Your siding could be rotting and you could have no idea. If you take a sharp object such as a screwdriver, walk around your home and poke under any siding that is warped. If the underlayer has begun to rot, then it’s time to replace.
4. Cracked Siding: Walk around your house and make sure that there are no cracks. These cracks can invite in unwanted water, moisture and pests. If it is an isolated instance, then repairs may solve the problem, but if it becomes more serious than it may be time to replace.
5. Interior Paint & Wallpaper is coming off the Walls: A sign that moisture has gotten into your walls is when paint or wallpaper starts to peel. Replacing your siding may be the only to stop this.
For more questions about when new siding is needed, please feel free to reach out. Our team is here to help and provide you with all the siding installation you may need.