There are many different signs that will show a homeowner that it’s time for a roof replacement. Don’t wait for a big leak to call a roofing contractor. Being proactive will ensure less damage to your house and will eventually save you money.
Signs it’s Time For a New Roof
How Old Is Your Roof?
If your asphalt roof is only 5-10 years old, chances are it has plenty of life left in it. Asphalt roofs typically last between 20-30 years so if your roof is within the ladder of that time range, you may not have that much time left.
Entire Shingles Are Missing
A shingle here or there isn’t the end of the world as they can be replaced. But, if shingles are missing all over your roof, your house will start to look like a checkerboard. Additionally, this probably means that something is wrong with your roof.
Curling of Shingles
Shingles that curl means that the edges turn upward and away from the flat position that they previously were. This shows that your roof is weathering and could be a sign that potential leaks are in the making.
Granules in the Gutters
If you look in your gutters and see a pileup of shingle granules, it’s something to worry about. That means that your shingles are becoming less protective and the quality of your roof will start to deteriorate quickly.
Sunlight Through Your Attic
This may be the easiest thing to notice, but go up into your attic during a sunny day and look for sunlight making its way into your attic. If light can get in, that means so can rain, air, snow and possibly critters.
This is probably the most frantic sign that should yield immediate action. A sagging roof usually indicates structural damage and the problem is just waiting to get worse.
For more information, please feel free to reach out. Our team at Innovative Contractor Services is here to make sure that your damage roof gets repaired or replaced immediately.
Looking for a new roof? Innovative Contracting Services provides homeowners throughout Massachusetts with a range of re-roofing, roof ventilation, and free roof estimates. Homeowners often come to us and aren’t sure what they are getting by replacing their roof. They will hold and keep a failing roof just because they only see the money coming out of their bank account. Listed below are the main benefits that you’ll gain by installing a new roof.
1. Energy Savings: An roof older roof can leak air into your house making your energy bills rise. A new roof with Innovative Contracting Services will be fully insulated and air will always stay inside. This means your air conditioning and heating systems don’t need to be cranked up to compensate for a leaky roof.
2. ROI: The money you put into your new roof isn’t just disappearing. New roofs yield on average a 70% ROI.
3. Protecting Your Home: A failing roof will result in many more problems than a leak. If not fixed, water can cause so many more issues from mold growth, structural damage & more. The longer the wait, the more money you’ll end up spending to fix the problem.
4. Curb Appeal: Hows your roof looking? If you’re walking down the street and your roof is unsightly, a new roof will bring a breath of fresh air to your home.
5. Property Value: If you plan on selling your home anytime in the near future, a new roof will surely help you out. It make selling your home an easier process as an older roof is much less attractive from the homebuyers standpoint.
6. Peace of Mind: Family is important and replacing your old roof with a new one is the best way to keep everyone safe. You’ll feel better at the end of the day knowing your house is safe.
For more information about Innovative Contracting Services, please feel free to reach out. We can be reached over the phone at 781-393-4427 or through our online contact services.
Siding is one of the main things that homeowners completely overlook when trying to remodel their home. Improving the look and feel of your home and trying to get a good return on investment can be a tough mission to tackle. Well, siding often yields a great ROI, it instantly can take your home from looking like it was built in the 1800’s to looking brand new and so much more. But, how do you necessarily know that it may be time for new siding? Let our team teach you.
Main Signs That It’s Time For New Siding
1. Your Home Constantly Needs to Be Repainted: If your home needs to be repainted every 5-6 years then you’re simply wasting money when you shouldn’t be. Even wood siding should be able to keep its paint for longer than that. If the siding is chipping, peeling or cracking then that should be addressed.
2. Rising Heating or Cooling Bills: If your homes heating or cooling bill already seems too high or has climbed in costs more than normal, you need to investigate. There can be a lot of issues causing this including your roofing, windows, siding, insulation and more. But, siding can certainly cause this and as a homeowner, we highly recommend finding the solution.
3. Warping & Rotting: Your siding could be rotting and you could have no idea. If you take a sharp object such as a screwdriver, walk around your home and poke under any siding that is warped. If the underlayer has begun to rot, then it’s time to replace.
4. Cracked Siding: Walk around your house and make sure that there are no cracks. These cracks can invite in unwanted water, moisture and pests. If it is an isolated instance, then repairs may solve the problem, but if it becomes more serious than it may be time to replace.
5. Interior Paint & Wallpaper is coming off the Walls: A sign that moisture has gotten into your walls is when paint or wallpaper starts to peel. Replacing your siding may be the only to stop this.
For more questions about when new siding is needed, please feel free to reach out. Our team is here to help and provide you with all the siding installation you may need.